Re: why cannot set cursor-type with setq but only with setq-default?????

From: Romain FRANCOISE
Subject: Re: why cannot set cursor-type with setq but only with setq-default??????
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:59:40 +0100

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> I don't know what's the current buffer when ~/.emacs is executed.  A
> temp buffer, perhaps, or *scratch*.

Actually I don't think there is a buffer.  I seem to remember that the
init file is loaded using `load', and that doesn't need a buffer, it's
a built-in function.  A call to `current-buffer' would probably return
whatever buffer was active at the moment, so that would be *scratch*,
or maybe not (if the init file creates a buffer somehow, like a call to
(calendar) would).

But I'm No Expert(tm).

--
Romain FRANCOISE <romain@orebokech.com> | It was fourteen degrees below