Re: interpreting ^Hs in text files

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: interpreting ^Hs in text files
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:58:52 +0100

mac@die.spammer.die.dgp.toronto.edu (Maciej Kalisiak) writes:

> Text files occasionally use double-striking using ^H to create effects such as
> bold and underlined lettering.  How do I make Emacs parse and interpret the
> text file according to this convention?

Hm.  Gnus has code to do that, and Emacs can do it for man pages,
too.  So you might be able to find some code there.  I'd start with
M-x apropos RET, then specify regular expressions such as the
following:

gnus.*bold
article.*bold
treat.*bold
bold.*treat

Hm.  There is the function Man-cleanup-manpage.  It's also a command.
--
Ambibibentists unite!