Re: Scroll two buffers in unison

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Scroll two buffers in unison
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:12:34 GMT

Dan Debertin <airboss@nodewarrior.org> writes:

> Harry Putnam <hgp@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>> Pretty sure I've been able to scroll two buffers in split frame in
>> unison somehow.  I don't mean in ediff mode.
>
> As others have replied, scroll-all is the mode you want for that. You
> should get it out of CVS, though, as the scroll-all.el distributed with
> 21.2 contains a few bugs. Scrolling by line works, but by page
> (C-v/M-v) doesn't.

Thanks posters... scroll-all-mode was it alright.
I must have a recent enough cvs since paging works here.  I did
notice another possible bug though:

I start an emacs session and get two similar files in buffers of a
single frame. (2 windows 1 frame)

Scolling works as expected, that is scroll-all mode is not in force.
Buffers scroll individually.

Now comes what seems kind of like a bug:

M-x scroll-all-mode <RET>
  Returns `Scroll-All mode is disabled'
and of course scroll-all still doesn't work.

Once again:

M-x scroll-all-mode <RET>
  Now returns `Scroll-All mode is enabled' and now scroll-all works.

So 2 M-x scroll-mode-all <RET> seem necessary to enable it.

Mine is not a real recent cvs.  Maybe someone can verify if that
behavior is evident in a recent one.