pcl-cvs and tagging revisions

From: Jeffery B. Rancier
Subject: pcl-cvs and tagging revisions
Date: 21 Jan 2003 10:10:12 -0500

Hello.
I just committed a bunch of source, and within the *cvs* buffer, hit
the 't' key, to give it all a release tag.  I was prompted and entered
a tag name, and the command appeared to run file.  I then went to the
DOS prompt and did a cvs status -v, and all the files report under
Existing Tags:, that No Tags Exist.  Is there something I need to do
to _commit_ the tags?

I'm using GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.1.2600) of 2002-03-19 on
buffy on Windows XP Pro.  I was using from my site-lisp directory,
version 2.9.9, but now am using which ever version comes with the
tarball.

On a side note, if I run C-u M-x cvs-status, use the current
directory, and add the -v flag, the output is not verbose at all.

Any ideas?  Things I can try?
--

Thanks,
Jeff