Protection Fault while being idle

From: Torsten Bronger
Subject: Protection Fault while being idle
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:58:40 +0100

Halloechen!

My GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
uses to be killed automatically after some idle time.  I start it as
an X application and the following major modes are active:  CWEB, SGML,
C++, LaTeX, HTML, Text, Info, Dired by name, Fundamental, and
Lisp Interaction.  As far as I remember there are no problems while
I *work* with Emacs.

But apparently Emacs doesn't like time being wasted.  If I don't
do anything with my computer for say fifteen minutes, all
applications are still up and running except Emacs.  Its window
is gone and the shell window says "Speicherzugriffsfehler" which means
literally "Memory Access Fault".

The problem is well reproducible, however I think I don't have
enough for a bug report, and I don't know how to get it.  Does anybody
know this problem?

Tschoe,
Torsten.