Re: GTK2 Port of Emacs?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GTK2 Port of Emacs?
Date: 24 Jan 2003 01:07:49 +0100

d2003xx <selohssa_era_sresu_sti_dna_xus_sodniw@hotmail.com> writes:

> The little girl "D. D. Brierton" <darren@dzr-web.com> cried:
>
> > According to this posting:
> >
> > http://www.gnomedesktop.org/comments.php?op=showreply&tid=5750&sid=866&pid=5746&mode=thread&order=0&thold=1#5750
> >
> > there has been a recent port of Emacs to GTK"? Is this true? If
> > so. is there anywhere I can find out more about it?
>
> Yes, see recent CVS snapshot. It can compile, but fail to run.

Since I am posting using it currently, I can't copy your statement
here (this is a RedHat-8.0 system).  It has all sort of GTK nonsense,
like detachable toolbars and file opening dialogues.  What is
annoying, though, is that the XIM stuff does not work: Emacs does not
grok deadkeys and compose keys with it, so I am currently reverting to
Leim for my "foreign" language writing.