Re: buffers

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Subject: Re: buffers
Date: 29 Jan 2003 01:02:47 -0800

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann wrote in message
news:<841y2xwhz6.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>...
> kamphausen@creativepharma.com (Stefan Kamphausen) writes:
>
> > You might be interested in an elisp file I've written which gives you
> > the plain buffer cycling (using a skipping predicate) on Shift
> > left/right (default; of course you can use your own keybindings)
>
> Maybe you can suggest some bindings for folks who use CUA mode?

I'd like to, but .... (good opener? ;-)
Do you have any idea how they should be like?

I understand that CUA makes shifted cursor movement selecting text,
right?
Then I can't use them for cycling. But I really think that it should
be something that you can type very fast so no combination should be
used. Who would want to hit C-c > several times to get to the right
buffer...? Is it better style to use F-keys for such a thing? I'm
already using F11 and F12 and one could use F9 and F10 for the cycling
functions (with modifier for cycling groups). Then all the mtorus
functionality would live in one F-key block.

The problem is that the keyboard has too few keys and emacs too many
functions :-)

Best Regards
Stefan Kamphausen