Why are .err files ignored by visit-file?

From: Steven W. Orr
Subject: Why are .err files ignored by visit-file?
Date: 29 Jan 2003 16:08:28 -0500

emacs-21.2

I have a directory with two files in it: build.err and build.log

When I try to visit a file in this directory I hit the letter b
followed by space to complete. I expect the completion to take me to
the . after build. But it always completes on build.err  It's like
it's told to ignore .log files.

Is there a way to turn this behavior off? I looked in the manuals but
found nothing.

TIA

--
-Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
-happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ
-steveo+sig at syslang.net