Re: Formatting Code

From: Matt
Subject: Re: Formatting Code
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 00:17:55 GMT

Glenn Hancock <ghancock@localhost.localdomain> writes:

> I have been trying to figure out how  to get emacs to format my code the way
> I want it and now have it so screwed up it doesn't act right at all.  How
> do I reset it back to defaults to start over?

You can set everything back to defaults by wiping out your .emacs
file. If you were using customize, you can click `Erase Customization'.

> Is this typical of using Emacs?  I want to program not spend all day
> learning an IDE.  Anyone have any tips to get me going quicker?

What type of code are you writing? Are you using a certain major mode?
If not, you should. Have you tried customizing the settings for that
particular mode? - i.e., for Perl mode try M-x customize-group RET
perl RET

If you want quick, my advice is just get used to it the way it is.

> Thanks,
>

> Glenn.
>
> P.S.  I have already read the entire tutorial but it doesn't cover
> formatting code issues...

There's also a Manual. I'm fairly new to emacs, but the time I've
invested learning it has been well worth the effort.

Matt
--
Remove the X's to reply directly.