Re: desktop height?

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: Re: desktop height?
Date: 31 Jan 2003 08:48:52 -0500

Thanks! Your suggestion on the name changes is excellent. I'll make
that change here as well.

As for setting MY_FONT, here's the code (with some more context around it):
;;;===================================================
;;; Set the default font and frame size for all frames
;;;===================================================
(defconst MY_FONT "-*-Lucida Console-normal-r-*-*-11-*-*-*-c-*-iso8859-15")

;;; Set the default font to return the appropriate character height
;;; for the initial height calculation
(set-frame-font MY_FONT)

;;; initial window position settings, height and vertical position is
;;; automatically calculated from within the .emacs-config file
;;; The top left corner is 0 0, the bottom right is -1 -1
(defconst MY_INITIAL_WIDTH   120)
(defconst MY_INITIAL_LEFT   -15)

The reason I do it with the consts is that I place all of the settings
(email, proxy, directory locations and such) within my .emacs file,
then call a .emacs-config file from there to do the actual
configurations based on the settings.

 - Chris

--
     (.   .)