Re: xml sgml & psgml

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: xml sgml & psgml
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 16:19:10 +0100

Adam Hardy <emacs@cyberspaceroad.com> writes:

> I don't have that in my .emacs - but adding it makes it work.

Great.

> I don't suppose it's got electric support?

Non sequitur?  What's "it"?  What do you mean by electric?

> How did you find out about that? I found what I found through
> searching with google.  Reading the lisp code was too difficult at my
> level of understanding to serve as documentation.

I highly recommend reading the documentation :-)

For example, C-h v sgml- TAB TAB gives you a list of related
variables, choosing one of them with completion will show you the
documentation for that variable.

Also, psgml has an info file which describes lots of stuff.  Just hit
C-h i d, then look for the PSGML line.  (If you have installed it
correctly.)

> To answer another of my original questions, would the following .emacs
> config enable psgml? And can I do anything to test whether this psgml
> is enabled?

The config looks okay (except for the load-path frobbing which looks
really weird).  You can look in the menu bar, if there are menu items
Markup, SGML, and DTD, then you should be fine.
--
A turnip curses Elvis