Re: using emacs/efs with@ in username

From: gebser
Subject: Re: using emacs/efs with@ in username
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 20:43:09 -0500 (EST)

If the problem is really the "at" sign (which I don't think it is), try
doing:

C-x C-f /path/to/user TAB

and emacs should type in the 'at' sign for you (given that you don't
have other files in the same subdir which start with "user" with some
other character immediately after).

I suspect that the problem is that you created files with names like
"/user@domain.com@domain.com:/file.html" which means that emacs thinks
that "/user@domain.com@domain.com:/" is a subdirectory.  If so, get
around that by putting a backslash ('\') in front of each slash
character ('/') when opening the file.

If this doesn't fix it for you, do an "ls -al" on the files in question
and send the output to us.

hth,
ken