Re: xml sgml & psgml

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: xml sgml & psgml
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 14:37:56 +0100

Adam Hardy <emacs@cyberspaceroad.com> writes:

> Kai Großjohann wrote:
>>>I don't suppose it's got electric support?
>> Non sequitur?  What's "it"?  What do you mean by electric?
>
> electric characters are particular characters which cause indentation
> to happen as soon as you type them, ie. < or / or >
>
> This is in C and Java mode.

Ah, now I understand.  No, I don't think that psgml is electric.
You'd have to do that yourself.  But it should be fairly simple.  How
about sharing the results?  Post psgml-electric.el to
gnu.emacs.sources :-)

>> The config looks okay (except for the load-path frobbing which looks
>> really weird).  You can look in the menu bar, if there are menu items
>> Markup, SGML, and DTD, then you should be fine.
>
> load-path frobbing? What's frobbing? Sounds like hitting it with a
> dead rabbit!

No that's like waving dead chickens.

>From Jargon File (4.3.0, 30 APR 2001) :

  frob /frob/ 1. n. [MIT; very common] The TMRC definition was "FROB =
     a protruding arm or trunnion"; by metaphoric extension, a `frob' is any
     random small thing; an object that you can comfortably hold in one hand;
     something you can frob (sense 2). See frobnitz. 2. vt. Abbreviated
     form of frobnicate. 3. [from the MUD world] A command on some MUDs
     that changes a player's experience level (this can be used to make
     wizards); also, to request wizard privileges on the `professional
     courtesy' grounds that one is a wizard elsewhere. The command is
     actually `frobnicate' but is universally abbreviated to the shorter
     form.

I got it from www.dict.org.
--
A turnip curses Elvis