Add items to TeX-font-list

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Add items to TeX-font-list
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:19:30 +0100

I have a document where it is convenient to add some items to
TeX-font-list.  Is there a way to do this for a document (which may
consist of more than one file)?

I've tried to add `eval' entries in a Local Variables block in the
master file which do (add-to-list 'TeX-font-list ...).

My document does \usepackage{nifty-macros} (where the
nifty-macros.sty for the most part consists of kludgy macros), so I
created a file style/nifty-macros.el which does

(TeX-add-style-hook
 "kg-thesis-macros"
 (lambda ()
   (add-to-list 'TeX-font-list (list ?d "\\DefTerm{" "}"))))

amongst other things.  Actually, the lambda contains more statements,
so I'm sure that it is executed.

But the only thing that works, in the end, is to add a Local
Variables block to each file.

But I would prefer something which works on a per-document basis.

Ideas?
--
A turnip curses Elvis