Remove all indentation - how to?

From: Garry
Subject: Remove all indentation - how to?
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 21:15:33 +0000

I'm a simple HTML monkey, not a die-hard C programmer :-)

All I want is for Emacs to do something really simple like start each
new line of my code from the left margin when I press RETURN, not
according to its default TAB criteria. I've had a good look through the
manual so, please, no RTFM. Can't find anything pertaining to removing
auto-indentation. I tried

('indent-tab-mode nil)

.... inside my custom variables section of .emacs but to no avail.

The reason I want this simplicity is that I want my HTML to read exactly
as I typed it within View Source, not according to a particular
browser's default TAB width. The only way to achieve this is to eschew
TABs in favour of spaces.

Garry Heaton