Abbrevs without punctuation?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Abbrevs without punctuation?
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 23:09:48 +0100

I'm currently using Viper, and I'm editing LaTeX source code.  So I
started thinking it might be useful to have some editing commands
with a more vi-ish feeling instead of C-c C-e and C-c C-f C-<bla>.

It turns out that there is http://vim-latex.sf.net/ which provides
nifty features.  In insert mode, you can type EFI and that will
insert a figure environment (ECE inserts a center environment and so
on).  That's easy to do with abbrevs, almost.  The problem is that no
space or punctuation is required after EFI.

Ideas?

Hm.  Maybe I'll define some regular abbrevs anyway.  They could be
useful without viper, too.  I mean, it's not too terrible to have to
type space...  (The abbrevs wouldn't be *that* regular -- point would
end up in the right spot somewhere in the middle, rather than at the
end.)
--
A turnip curses Elvis