Re: Debian: Avoid install-info errors on "make install"?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Debian: Avoid install-info errors on "make install"?
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:13:54 +0100

Kevin Rodgers <kevin.rodgers@ihs.com> writes:

> Find out why install-info is referencing /var/backups.  It's probably being
> passed explicity from the Makefile, so perhaps its a configure parameter.  It
> does seem odd that it has apparently ignored your
> --prefix=/home/kai/sw/emacs-21.0 parameter, though.

Debian has its own install-info.  It writes the right dir entries, it
seems, but it /additionally/ references /var/backups.

The Debian folk say that their install-info does exactly what Debian
needs.  But I'm afraid it doesn't do what I need.  I'd be happy about
a regular install-info as distributed with GNU Texinfo.  But that
will never happen (I mean they never will distribute it), I'm afraid.
--
A turnip curses Elvis