Re: How useful to run GDB and CVS from *WITHIN* Emacs? How helps?

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Re: How useful to run GDB and CVS from *WITHIN* Emacs? How helps?
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 03:52:55 GMT

seberino@spawar.navy.mil (Christian Seberino) writes:

> How much benefit would there be to using GDB and CVS from within
> Emacs???

Um, lots?

> I'm trying real hard to convince myself it will be a good
> idea to run this from Emacs.

Then try it!  GDB is a no-brainer... it's why I originally started
using Emacs in 1994, since I was operating over a dialup and didn't
have xxgdb and wanted some way to see both source and debugger window
at the same time.  CVS also extremely useful.  M-x cvs-status in a
CVS working copy sometime and tell me you don't like it....

Experience is directly proportional to mistakes made