Re: Expanding Include Files

From: CarlC
Subject: Re: Expanding Include Files
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:02:17 GMT

"Kai Großjohann" <kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de> wrote in message
841y2c4j4v.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de">news:841y2c4j4v.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de...
> Hm.  I think you could use overlays to display the source code, but I
> don't know whether C-s searches in overlays or in the buffer text.

Thanks, Kai. It is a start, but as you suggested, C-s searches aren't
including overlay text. I will look further to see what capabilities I have
with overlays and searching. My main purpose for this routine is to search
for variables throughout the entire source of the program. I could create a
temporary view buffer, but it just wouldn't be quite as sexy.