Re: syntax highlighting / font lock for latex in emacs 21

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: syntax highlighting / font lock for latex in emacs 21
Date: 13 Feb 2003 23:54:22 +0100

Steve Petersen <spetey@umich.edu> writes:

> Sorry.  As always seems to happen, I figured it out not after the
> hour or so scouring the web, but instead only moments after actually
> posting somewhere and bugging people.  I've updated auctex using an
> rpm and everything suddenly works like a charm, though once again I
> have little understanding as to why.

I would want to point out that rpm files for RedHat 8.0 can also be
found for <URL:http://preview-latex.sourceforge.net> if you follow
the link to the project page and to Files from there.  If your paper
has any non-trivial amount of mathematics in it, a must.

> Oh, except the colors are kinda ugly!  But I expect that can be fixed
> later, *after* the paper is written.

I agree, but have not found out how to fix them, yet.  And I am the
maintainer of AUCTeX...  Shows you the incompetence that some projects
have to suffer under.