Re: syntax highlighting / font lock for latex in emacs 21

From: Peter S Galbraith
Subject: Re: syntax highlighting / font lock for latex in emacs 21
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:13:51 -0500

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:

> Steve Petersen <spetey@umich.edu> writes:
>
> > Oh, except the colors are kinda ugly!  But I expect that can be fixed
> > later, *after* the paper is written.
>
> I agree, but have not found out how to fix them, yet.  And I am the
> maintainer of AUCTeX...  Shows you the incompetence that some projects
> have to suffer under.

Okay, okay.  To each his own.  I happen to like 'em.

Customize them!

M-x customize-face [RET] font-latex-[TAB]

Or do it the old way, like I wrote in the font-latex.el file itself:

;; Changing colours
;;
;;  Okay, so you hate the colours I picked.  How do you change them you ask?
;;  First, find the font name to change using the command:
;;    M-x list-text-properties-at
;;  Then, suppose you got `font-latex-math-face', edit ~/.Xdefaults and add:
;;    Emacs.font-latex-math-face.attributeForeground: blue
;;  without the semi-colon I'm using here ascomment delimiters, of course.

Peter