Re: How useful to run GDB and CVS from *WITHIN* Emacs? How helps?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: How useful to run GDB and CVS from *WITHIN* Emacs? How helps?
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:47:20 +0100

gebser@ameritech.net writes:

> Sounds extremely cool.  I should have learned this mode a long time ago,
> but never had a real need for it... would like to give it a go now
> though.
>
> So how would I:
>
> - Get from some cvs site the latest version of tramp...?  the full
> package rather than just the diffs?
>
> - Later on, get the diffs and merge them into the version I have?
>
> I would imagine that ange-ftp would work (as the background "vehicle")
> to retrieve the files, yes?  IOW, I wouldn't need tramp in order to
> retrieve a later version of tramp... or?

What does Tramp have to do with PCL-CVS or GUD mode?

Tramp is available via FTP and CVS.  Instructions can be found at
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/tramp/.  If you choose to use CVS,
then "cd" to your working directory and type "cvs update -dP".
That's enough to fetch the diffs to the most recent version and apply
them.
--
A turnip curses Elvis