Re: How useful to run GDB and CVS from *WITHIN* Emacs? How helps?

From: gebser
Subject: Re: How useful to run GDB and CVS from *WITHIN* Emacs? How helps?
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:03:58 -0500 (EST)

Kai Großjohann at 13:47 (UTC+0100) on Fri, 14 Feb 2003 said:

= gebser@ameritech.net writes:
=
= > Sounds extremely cool.  I should have learned this mode a long time ago,
= > but never had a real need for it... would like to give it a go now
= > though.
= >
= > So how would I:
= >
= > - Get from some cvs site the latest version of tramp...?  the full
= > package rather than just the diffs?
= >
= > - Later on, get the diffs and merge them into the version I have?
= >
= > I would imagine that ange-ftp would work (as the background "vehicle")
= > to retrieve the files, yes?  IOW, I wouldn't need tramp in order to
= > retrieve a later version of tramp... or?
=
= What does Tramp have to do with PCL-CVS or GUD mode?

As an example of using emacs' cvs functionality to get a fresh version
and then the diffs.  I thought that was apparent from the context of my
email.

=
= Tramp is available via FTP and CVS.  Instructions can be found at
= http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/tramp/.  If you choose to use CVS,
= then "cd" to your working directory and type "cvs update -dP".
= That's enough to fetch the diffs to the most recent version and apply
= them.
=