Re: ECB+semantic, ebrowse, ctags/etags

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: Re: ECB+semantic, ebrowse, ctags/etags
Date: 14 Feb 2003 19:36:15 +0100

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Peter Lee wrote:

>  If I'm on a c++ member function definition or a c++ member variable, I
>  would like to be able to jump to the declaration.
>
>  With ebrowse I can simply do ebrowse-tags-find-declaration (C-c b F).
>
>  I was under the impression that I could achieve the same thing with
>  either ECB+semantic or ctags/etags.
>
>  With ECB+semantic, all it seems to do is provide paned views of
>  interesting things in whatever file I'm in.  Is there a
>  jump-to-declaration that I'm just missing?  I'm using ecb 1.91.1 and
>  semantic 1.4.3.

This has nothing to do with ECB because ECB is "just" an ontop tool on the
semantic-parser and offers a layout-engine to display things like in IDEs.
But: AFAICS with the semanticdb library included in semantic you should be
able to do this fancy things. Eric Ludlam can give better information i
suppose. Maybe you should write to the semantic mailing list.

klaus

--
Klaus Berndl                    mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG                         http://www.sdm.de