Re: getting jerked around by C-x h (select whole buffer as region)

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: getting jerked around by C-x h (select whole buffer as region)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 18:49:26 +0100

Harry Putnam <hgp@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> How can I avoid being jerked to the top of a large buffer when I run
> the command C-x h (select whole buffer as region).

This is not possible: the region is always the stretch of text
between point and mark.  So either point or mark must be at the
beginning of the buffer, and the other must be at the end.

I wonder if C-u C-SPC takes you back (possibly repeat a couple of
times).  If not, then you might have to do C-SPC before C-x h so that
C-u C-SPC can take you back.
--
A turnip curses Elvis