Re: menu bar sizing

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: menu bar sizing
Date: 16 Feb 2003 17:43:25 +1100

>>>>> "Bruce" == Bruce Park <bpark79@hotmail.com> writes:

 Bruce> I'm currently using emacs21 and I've noticed that I can't
 Bruce> really shrink the default size of the menu bar. After reading
 Bruce> the emacs manual, this is what is stated:
 Bruce> ================================ horizontalSpacing Horizontal
 Bruce> spacing in pixels between items. Default is 3.
 Bruce> verticalSpacing Vertical spacing in pixels between
 Bruce> items. Default is 1 ================================

 >> From what I can see, this only holds true for emacs20 and not
 >> emacs21. Does
 Bruce> anyone know anything about this?

I use settings in my .Xresources file to make menu settings smaller

emacs.menu.attributeHeight: 120
emacs.menu.attributeWidth: normal
emacs.menu.attributeWeight: bold

If your not running under X windows, you can probably do this via
custom or with the following (untested)

(set-face-attribute 'menu nil :height 120 :width 'normal :weight
'bold)

Tim

--
Tim Cross