Re: eshell: Support old-style completion and cycling completion?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: eshell: Support old-style completion and cycling completion?
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:07:35 +0100

John Wiegley <johnw@gnu.org> writes:

> These fancy TAB behaviors sound very interesting.  I'm eager to hear
> what you all decide upon.
>
> As for me, I like TAB to cycle right away if the number of
> completions is very small, and to pop up the Completions buffer if it
> is large.

Maybe it is best to start with something simple, then add dwimishness
later on.  It turns out that I, personally, like both the non-cycling
and the cycling behavior, so I just want two keys: one for cycling
and one for non-cycling.  M-TAB appears to be available.  So I'd be
happy to use it for cycling completion.

It ought to be simple, but I couldn't do it.  What did I do wrong?
--
A turnip curses Elvis