Re: How big is the GNU emacs CVS download?

From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: How big is the GNU emacs CVS download?
Date: 19 Feb 2003 14:44:51 -0500

>>>>> "GM" == Glenn Morris <gmorris+news@ast.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> Kai Großjohann wrote:
>> $ make distclean
>> [..elided..]
>> $ du -hs .
>> 139M    .

The difference might come from .#foo.N.M kind of things.
And ditclean probably doesn't remove .elc files either.  I'd rather
use `cvsclean' instead.  As for why I didn't do the work myself:
it takes too much time on my poor 266Mhz machine to rebuild all
those files.  I already provided a "20MB compressed" estimate based
on the size of the tarball for 21.2 (which includes elc files but doesn't
include some of the newly added files like the elisp manual).

        Stefan