Re: X-Symbol => Can't save LaTeX files anymore

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: X-Symbol => Can't save LaTeX files anymore
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:49:16 +0100

"Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee@inka.de> writes:

> Kai Großjohann wrote:
>
>>> Hm, crypt++ works fine for me. I want to avoid trying out another
>>> system.
>>
>> FWIW, I put (auto-compression-mode 1) in my ~/.emacs
>
> I have it in my .emacs as well.
>
>> and then it just worked.  No additional work required.
>
> What works? I don't see what auto-compression-mode has to do with crypt
> or x-symbol.

Well, auto-compression-mode is defined in jka-compr.  And C-x C-f
foo.gz RET gunzips the file for convenient viewing.

I think that crypt++ can do gzip-like stuff and it can also do
pgp-like stuff, but jka-compr doesn't do pgp.  So are you using the
encryption functionality of crypt++?  In that case, my remark was
wildly off-target, sorry.

(It could be dangerous to have both jka-compr and crypt++ enabled;
they might be stepping on each other's toes.  But I don't know.)