Re: let emacs server get the focus

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: let emacs server get the focus
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:47:39 +0000

Zero Void wrote:

> Is it possible that when after I run emacsclient, emacs can
> automatically popup to the front and get focus? I found it's really
> inconvenient when I have emacs minimized and in the meanwhile
> running emacsclient.

I use this:

  (add-hook 'server-visit-hook
            '(lambda ()
               (setq server-window (make-frame))))

I tried the following as well for a bit (to delete the frame on exit),
but then decided against it. It doesn't work with --no-wait.

  (add-hook 'server-done-hook
            '(lambda ()
               (delete-frame server-window)
               (setq server-window nil)))