Re: CPerl mode v5.0

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: CPerl mode v5.0
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:26:39 +0000 (UTC)

Daniel Pfeiffer
<occitan@esperanto.org>], who wrote in article
<20030220010041.548c3844.occitan@esperanto.org>:
> Zdravstvujtie Ilya,
>
> The source file has DOS line ends.

Correct.

?  There are many trailing spaces.

I did not want to break compatibility with the RMS Emacs version yet.  ;-)
I think they match 1-to-1 now.  [It was silly, though.]

> cperl-backward-to-noncomment is indented as though the or didn't belong to
> the if.  In many other places the indentation is also wrong.

Thanks.

> I don't understand your comments.  You mention my patches like switching
> is-x-REx and (eq (char-after b) ?\#)

What for?

> or (function (lambda elimination, but they're not applied.

IIRC, Function-lambda is required for older byte-compilers to compile lambdas.

> Apart from these, it's by far the best perl mode ever!!!  I've tried it on
> many of my scripts, they look real good!  In one I even found this bummer,
> which gets the s wrong but never the less falls back on it's feet -- cool:
>
> ($opt_s ? " ; $File::Find::name\n " : '')

With a correct setting of cperl-under-is-char the highlighting should
be correct.  The syntaxification should not care about
cperl-under-is-char now...

Ilya