Re: nnfolder usage

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: nnfolder usage
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:44:32 +0100

Torsten Bronger <bronger@physik.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> I try to switch to Gnus, using the nnfolder backend for my emails.
> For far, I've used KMail.  I advised Gnus to split my old mails
> (imported via G-f) into several nnfolder files in ~/Mail.  So far
> no problem.

Wrong.

> But how do I access these new folder files?

Never "manually" write to ~/Mail.  Gnus gets angry if you do that.
To create a "proper" folder, do this:

G m foo.bar RET nnfolder: RET           (the ":" is important)
    (now you have an empty group nnfolder:foo.bar)
G f /path/to/old/mbox/file/outside/of/~/Mail RET
    (enter this group)
M P a                                   (mark all articles)
B c nnfolder:foo.bar RET                (copy them to new group)

Repeat for all groups.