Re: help: make install question

From: Jacob Bunk Nielsen
Subject: Re: help: make install question
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:52:00 +0100

Tom Hu <tomhu@cisco.com> writes:

> If I copy src/emacs* file only to a private directory, it does not run
> from that directory.
>
> I wonder what else files I have to copy to my private directory and can
> make emacs* run as normal.

You could take a look into Makefile, but that's probably not really a
good solution.

> Note: I can not do "make install" because I work at the multiple user
> server environment.

Why don't you just install Emacs in your own home directory? When you
run configure you could specify '--prefix=~/emacs'. That would install
Emacs in a directory called 'emacs' under your home directory when you
get to the 'make install' part.

--
Jacob - www.bunk.cc
A fool must now and then be right by chance.