Re: Emacs + Aspell problems

From: Jesper Harder
Subject: Re: Emacs + Aspell problems
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 05:17:51 +0100

"Maurizio" <mauco@libero.it> writes:

> When I issue the command M-x ispell-change-dictionary i can't find the
> italian dictionary in the list of dictionaries,

There's no dictionary called "italiano"?  It _is_ there in Emacs 21 (but
it might be missing in Emacs 20).

> Should i change the value of the ispell-dictionary-alist variable?

Yes.

> How can i do it?

Do `M-x customize-option RET ispell-dictionary-alist'.  Add a new
entry -- this is the setting used for Italian in Emacs 21:

Dictionary: Value Menu Dictionary name: italiano
            Case characters: [A-ZÀÁÈÉÌÍÒÓÙÚa-zàáèéìíóùú]
            Non case characters: [^A-ZÀÁÈÉÌÍÒÓÙÚa-zàáèéìíóùú]
            Other characters: [-]
            Many other characters: Toggle  off (nil)
            Ispell command line args:
            INS DEL Arg: -B
            INS DEL Arg: -d
            INS DEL Arg: italian
            INS
            Extended character mode: Value Menu ~tex
            Character set: Value Menu iso-8859-1

Finally hit the "Save for future sessions" button.