Re: Colorizing Emacs

From: Lucas
Subject: Re: Colorizing Emacs
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:38:28 +0100

Un beau jour, jchen@parasoft.com (John Chen) nous a dit:

> Sorry for the ambiguity, but what I meant was that when I open a Java
> File, for example, I would like reserved words to be a certain color
> and stuff of that nature.

There is a java-mode which is loaded when you open a java file (provided
that your file has an extenstion recognized by Emacs to be Java [1]).
You need to set up the font-lock-mode in your .emacs, and then, when you
open a Java file, Emacs will load the mode, and colors will spread
around in your buffer.

The same rules apply to a lot of modes, see the value of auto-mode-alist
to have an idea.

--
Lucas, asm rulez.
[1] In my auto-mode-alist, java-mode is "binded" to .java, but you can