Re: using fume with gnu emacs 21.2.1

From: Chris Jones
Subject: Re: using fume with gnu emacs 21.2.1
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 21:33:21 +0000

Kai Großjohann wrote:

> Chris Jones <c.jones9@ntlworld.com> writes:
>
>> Is it possible to install and use the fume package (or something similar)
>> which is normally installed with XEmacs in Gnu emacs (in particular
>> version 21.2.1) ?
>
> M-x imenu RET
> M-x imenu-add-menubar-index RET

Thanks, thats what I was looking for !

One problem I have with this is that it does not seem to automatically
update the menu when I switch between buffers or frames. I have to run
"rescan" manaully. I found via a www search that adding

(require 'imenu)
(add-hook 'c++-mode-hook (function (lambda () (imenu-add-menubar-index))))
(add-hook 'c-mode-hook (function (lambda () (imenu-add-menubar-index))))
(add-hook 'fortran-mode-hook (function (lambda ()
(imenu-add-menubar-index))))

to my .emacs makes imenu start automatically, but is there anything I can
add to make it up rescan automatically ? I found references to a
`imenu-auto-rescan' variable but since I know next to nothing about lisp, I
can't seem to get it to work.....