Re: User dict for Japanese Leim

From: Charles Muller
Subject: Re: User dict for Japanese Leim
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 18:09:14 +0900 (JST)

Janusz wrote:

> Have a look at http://lookup.sourceforge.net/.
>
> If the structure of you dictionary is simple enough, then you can
> convert it into DICT format and to use it with lookup even withour a
> server. If not, perhaps some other format supported by lookup will
> suit you.

I guess my usage of the term "dictionary" confuses the issue a bit. I am not
looking to integrate a dictionary for looking up words. I am trying to
supplement the leim kana-to-kanji conversion table that comes with
Linux. The basic file that is (apparently) used for this is called ja-dic.elc,
which is why I used the term "dictionary." I would assume that there must be
a concomitant ja-dic.el, but it is not available locally, and it is not
clear whether that which is listed on ftp sites is designed to be editable
in such a manner. This seems to be an area that is under-documented (at
least in English) as compared with other components of Emacs.

Regards,

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@gol.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary
[http://www.acmuller.net]
H-Buddhism List Editor [http://www2.h-net.msu.edu/~buddhism/]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787