Re: User dict for Japanese Leim

From: Charles Muller
Subject: Re: User dict for Japanese Leim
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 01:35:50 +0900 (JST)

Kai wrote:

> Chuck wrote:
> > I have a large user dictionary (kana-to-kanji) in a text file developed
> > during a decade of using Japanese Windows IME, and I would love to have this
> > available to me in Emacs. I have done quite a bit of searching around, both
> > inside Emacs and on the web, but have been unable to turn up any kind of
> > documentation that would tell me if it is possible to do this. Can anyone
> > point me to relevant resources within Emacs or on the web?
>
> It seems to me that the dictionary might be in the directory
> leim/SKK-DIC/ which is used during the building of Emacs to produce
> the relevant Lisp file.

Hmm. My installation of leim has no skk-dic subdirectory (perhaps this was
used in Emacs 20.x?). Just quail, as below. The file
/leim/quail/japanese.elc includes key bindings and the basic conversions
from latin input to Japanese kana. I was guessing that there might be a
reference somewhere in this file to the file that contains the kana-to-kanji
data, but I can't see any directory or file references at all. There *has*
to be a file like this somewhere, although I suppose it may be similar to the
case of
Windows, in being a binary, rather than text file.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Chuck

------------------------------

/usr/share/emacs/21.2/leim
/usr/share/emacs/21.2/leim/ja-dic
/usr/share/emacs/21.2/leim/ja-dic/ja-dic.elc
/usr/share/emacs/21.2/leim/quail
/usr/share/emacs/21.2/leim/quail/CTLau-b5.elc
[...]
/usr/share/emacs/21.2/leim/quail/ipa.elc
/usr/share/emacs/21.2/leim/quail/japanese.elc

[...]

/usr/share/emacs/21.2/leim/quail/tsang-cns.elc
/usr/share/emacs/21.2/leim/quail/viqr.elc
/usr/share/emacs/21.2/leim/leim-list.el

Charles Muller  <acmuller@gol.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary
[http://www.acmuller.net]
H-Buddhism List Editor [http://www2.h-net.msu.edu/~buddhism/]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787