Re: strange font lock (for latex) behavior in emacs

From: HS
Subject: Re: strange font lock (for latex) behavior in emacs
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 17:31:37 -0500

Hey,

Thanks, I just installed auctex-11.14-1.noarch.rpm (had to uninstall auctex-emacs that was there with the older auctex) and it seems to be working fine.

Thanks again,
->HS

David Kastrup wrote:
HS <g_reate_xcalibur@yahoo.com> writes:

First of all, my apologies for the cross postings, but I figured the
problem could be solved by anyone in all these groups.

It is to do with font lock in emacs for Latex.

I have Auctex installed (ver 10.0g, release 4) with emacs (ver. 21.2
release 18) on Redhat Linux 8.0 (kernal 2.4.18-14).

That is entirely unnecessary.  10.0g is utterly outdated.  There are
RedHat RPM files available from the download site accessible from
AUCTeX's home site, <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/>, and I
would recommend 11.14 (the "beta" is just nominal here).

It is quite likely that will make your problems go away.

--
Remove the underscores from my email to get my real email address. My apologies