Unable to use TAGS in xemacs

From: Ganesan T
Subject: Unable to use TAGS in xemacs
Date: 12 Mar 2003 06:18:01 -0800

Hi:

I am using Xemacs21.1 (patch 12) on Sun 0S. I am unable to use
the tags file generated with the etags. When I press M-., the
emacs picks the first word in the pattern (which is multi-word
seperated by white space) given in the TAGS file and complains that no
pattern found in that file.

Also how to set the emacs that it should noit look for the pattern
from the starting on a line, but any where in that line.

I have given a snippet from my TAGS file. In all the cases
given below, emacs picks up only the function as the tag
and opens the first file in the list.

Is it there any setting that need to be done
for specifying the tags-format regex in the .emacs file

Thanks for your help
gana

== TAGS file
^L
AGC.m,197
function [ATTSW, GC, GMemAddr,agc_status,accum_out, AGCLogicState,
InternalNodes^?20,938
^L
AGCAnalogWrapper11a.m,134
function [AGCGain, AGCState, InternalNodes] =
AGCAnalogWrapper11a(AGCIn,  PSOn, ^?58,3823
^L
AGCAnalogWrapper11b.m,133
function [AGCGain, AGCState, InternalNodes] =
AGCAnalogWrapper11b(AGCIn,  PSOn, ^?59,3868
^L
AGCDigitalWrapper.m,161
function [AGCDigitalGain, CarrierLoss, DCOffset, AGCDigitalState] =
AGCDigitalW^?55,2275
^L
AGCDigitalWrapper_fx.m,207
function [  AGCDigitalGainI,  AGCDigitalGainQ,  CarrierLoss,
CarrierTooHigh,  A^?103,3954

== actual code lines to be matched are

2.    function [AGCGain, AGCState, InternalNodes] =
AGCAnalogWrapper11a(AGCIn,
4.    AGCDigitalWrapper(     ...