Re: screen, emacs and umlauts

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: screen, emacs and umlauts
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:43:10 +0100

Christoph Schneider <cs-spam@gmx.net> writes:

> Thats it! Thank you!
> But why is emacs confused, when running in screen?

I don't know.  But you could examine the output of "locale" outside
and inside of screen.  And the output of "env".

> Do I have to put this in .emacs to make it work in future sessions?
> ,----
> | (set-keyboard-coding-system 'iso-latin-1)
> | (set-terminal-coding-system 'iso-latin-1)
> `----

Yes.

> Or should I use iso-latin-9 instead.

It's a matter of taste.  Nur dein Geschmack entscheidet ;-)
(Sorry for that Pepsi commercial ``It's your taste that counts'' or
something like this -- has a similar motto been used in English
speaking countries?)