NYC LOCAL: Sunday 16 March 2003 NYLXS Install Fest in Brooklyn near King

From: secretary
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Sunday 16 March 2003 NYLXS Install Fest in Brooklyn near King's Highway
Date: 14 Mar 2003 19:14:40 -0500

  from="official NYLXS notice"
  edit-level="light, only spelling, diction corrected and tailpiece removed">

The Free Software Institute and NYLXS is having
an installfeast this Sunday from 10AM - 8PM
in Brooklyn NY.

1600 East 17th Street

Q to Kings Highway

Lots of parking available.

This installfeast will be led by the Free Software Institute's
graduating GNU/Linux 1 Class.

All newbies and experienced Free Software users are welcome.

Ruben

<blurb
  kind="Standard LXNY Install Fest Welcome, Pointers"
  special-notice="This Fest is being run by the NYLXS graduating class in
   GNU/Linux.  So there may be fewer Lisp/Smalltalk/Quantum Computer folk
   than usual at this Fest.  Nonetheless, the family drink offer stands.
   If you install a qualifying kernel and/or OS, contact secretary@lxny.org
   for your free family drink."
  standard-disclaimer="This Fest is an NYLXS Fest.  LXNY is not the host.">

All free software welcome!  We do not discriminate among free kernels based
upon the first letter of their names.  We shall install as many free
systems on as many machines and on as many different kinds of machines as
possible.  We shall install both Linux kerneled and free *BSD kerneled
systems.  Any person who installs or helps install the Hurd or Squeak or
any Lisp OS or any ML OS will be treated to a family drink.

All experienced installers are invited to come and help.

All students of economics, of the history of engineering, and of the art
of propaganda are invited.

Useful reading:
http://www.netcom.com/~casandra/mirror-of-luny-site/installfest/guidelines.html
http://linuxmafia.com/bale/linuxprep.html