Re: Folding C++ constructs { ... }

From: Rob Walker
Subject: Re: Folding C++ constructs { ... }
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:35:29 +0000

Ignoramus21815 wrote:

> I have a file with a bunch of functions, some of which I am not
> interested in. How can I hide/fold their contents when I so desire?
>
> I am aware of fold-mode, but it requires special constructs {{{ and
> }}} and I do not like it.
>
> ignoramus

try hideshow mode
put the following in your .emacs:
  (require 'hideshow)
  (add-hook 'c-mode-common-hook 'hs-minor-mode)
  (add-hook 'python-mode-hook 'hs-minor-mode)
  (add-hook 'perl-mode-hook 'hs-minor-mode)
  etc

then put the point in the block you want to hide and run
M-x hs-hide-block
and
M-x hs-show-block
to restore it. (these can be bound to a key)

Hope this helps

Rob

--
Rob Walker <rob@tenfoot.org.uk>