Re: Newbie Questions:

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Newbie Questions:
Date: 19 Mar 2003 20:38:34 +1100

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Anderson <dan3487@yahoo.com> writes:

 Daniel> Hi, I've been trying to figure out emacs for a while now and
 Daniel> there are a couple of things that have been bothering me:

 Daniel> 1) How do I access the menu when I'm running console e-macs?
 Daniel> (i.e. buffers, file, etc.)

You can't directly. You can get another window popup which has a sort
of menu in it with keys you can press to get the items. I think the
normal key binding is M-`

 Daniel> 2) When I C-h a help and the split window goes below the
 Daniel> screen how do I read it?

C-M-v should work.

 Daniel> 3) Is it possible to configure emacs as a mail client that
 Daniel> uses POP?

Yes, there are a few emacs mail clients which will do
this. Personally, I use VM which supports pop3, imap and connections
over SSL.

Tim
--
Tim Cross