Re: copy/paste & Emacs on XWindows

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: copy/paste & Emacs on XWindows
Date: 19 Mar 2003 20:41:03 +1100

 PL> Is there something special you have to do to get copy/paste
 PL> working between emacs and other apps on xwindows ?

 PL> If I M-w some text in emacs it doesn't appear to store it in the
 PL> "clipboard" (whatever the xwindows equivalent of that is).

 Roman>  You can try to do it with mouse - just drag around block of
 Roman> text you want to yank.

 Roman>  Then, in xterm for exapmle, just click middle button.

 Roman>  That's a trick. It's works perfectly for me.

I mark the region with C-space at the beginning, move point to the end
and then M-w, move to another window with some other X app, hit the
middle button on my mouse and there it is.

So, it should work. Maybe something is funny with your config?

Tim

--
Tim Cross