Re: line wrap problem

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: line wrap problem
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 00:34:26 GMT

Colin Marquardt wrote:

> Pierre Albarede <albanews@free.fr> writes:
>
>> Attention : the other guy told us, not to post on the other newsgroup
>> comp.emacs.
>
> Uhm, that's not what Le Wang meant. Look at my signature.

Right.  Le Wang doesn't have a problem with cross-posting to other relevant
newsgroups.  Le has to look at people top-post all day with brain-dead Notes,
so this is a especially touchy issue for him.

To elaborate on Piet's reply, as to why it confuses people: the normal flow of
a discussion in e-mail or newsgroups is you insert the quotation you're
responding to and write your reply BENEATH it.  Insert some more, write some
more, so on and so forth.  The discussion becomes impossible to follow if
some people post before the quotation, in contradiction to the accepted norm.

--
Le