Odd behavior starting up emacs on linux

From: Peter Lee
Subject: Odd behavior starting up emacs on linux
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 04:28:22 GMT

I just built a linux box and copied all my emacs stuff over from XP.
Everything works, but something goofy is going on during init.

It reads and processes my .emacs (I can see it set the frame to the
correct position and size, as well as set the color-theme), then it
pauses, then it resets the frame to a different size and changes my
colors completely.

I'm baffled as to what's happening... it seems like it must be
processing some other init file, but I don't know what it is.

I'm on RH 8.0, KDE, &&
"GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2002-08-28 on astest"

BTW, if I open my .emacs.el and select byte-compile-and-load from the
menu, it sets my frame position, size, and color-theme correctly.

I checked messages and do not see any errors... I also started up with
--debug-init.

Any help greatly appreciated.