Re: shell mode, changing directory

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: Re: shell mode, changing directory
Date: 22 Mar 2003 10:42:23 +0100

BJ> On Friday, March 21, 2003 12:23 PM Alan Shutko wrote:
>> Phillip Lord <p.lord@russet.org.uk> writes:

>> Specifically I want to write two commands. The first is "move CWD of shell
>> to the same as the file of the current buffer" (currently you can achieve
>> this, by killing the *shell* buffer, and typing M-x shell). And secondly I
>> want to be able to use the ECB's
>> (ecb.sourceforge.net) directory window, to move shells CWD.

[snip]

BJ> I hope that this helps clarify his needs.

I use myself a slightly different approach, which in fact might even be
more confortable:
I have a command that starts a shell in the current directory which
encodes the directory name in the buffer name. If there is already a shell
running in the current directory it uses that buffer rather than starting
a new one.

Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl>
Private email: P.van.Oostrum@hccnet.nl