Storing of a buffer line number to a file

From: Alexandre S Iline
Subject: Storing of a buffer line number to a file
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:49:57 GMT

It's rather a list question, probably, bu anyway ...

I got stuck - do not know how to do it.

I'm trying to create a list function which would simply
output a number of a currently selected line in the selected buffer.

I have no problem in line number recieving:
(count-lines 1 (point)), but then, what should I do with the value?

I guess, it's pretty simple, but nothing from documentation I have,
helps me to find the answer.

Thanks in advance.

Shura.

PS: I'm very new in that, so, don't beat me, please, if the question is too stupid. :)