Re: What did you do with Emacs!!!!!

From: Francois Fleuret
Subject: Re: What did you do with Emacs!!!!!
Date: 03 Apr 2003 11:27:43 +0200

Hi,

Rodrigo "upset by the blinking cursor" Readi wrote:

> I liked Emacs very much, it was almost my only editor, and now I see
> an awfull GUI with a stupic JPEG picture and icons, and with an
> annoying blinking cursor.

Even if I share your taste for spartan interfaces, my emacs 21.3 looks
pretty decent to me.

Try to put in your .Xressources:

Emacs.menuBar:          off
Emacs.verticalScrollBars:       off
Emacs.toolBar:          off

Or/and in your .emacs.el:

(menu-bar-mode -1)
(scroll-bar-mode -1)
(tool-bar-mode -1)
(blink-cursor-mode -1)
(set-face-attribute mode-line nil :box nil)

If you are an happy 21.3.5 user, I'd even suggest

(fringe-mode 0)

Best regards,

--
François Fleuret